- Strategically Selling A Financial Advisory Practice: Your Guide To A Successful Transition
- Dual Registration Dilemma: Navigating FINRA & SEC Regulatory Shifts
- RIA M&A Activity Rebounds: Opportunities & Challenges For Wealth Managers & Advisors
- Navigating Criminal Disclosures On FINRA’s Form U4
- How To Buy A Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) Business
Are you growing weary of the aggressive and expensive enforcement tactics being employed by your broker-dealer and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)? Have you considered joining or starting your own registered investment adviser (RIA) firm but wondered whether it’s the right path for you? If so, you’re not alone.
More and more advisors are discovering that they can transition to an RIA structure, take home more income, increase the value of their practice, and enjoy vastly expanded flexibility.
Did you know about these RIA perks?
- from products such as variable annuities, mutual funds, C shares, life insurance, and REITs.
- RIAs with no broker-dealer affiliation can drop their S7 license, as RIA activity only requires an S65.
- Independent RIA practices enjoy higher purchase multiples. More profits = higher sales prices!
- RIAs offer more flexibility and customization of services and client relationships.
Our AdvisorLaw team of compliance specialists and securities attorneys are often asked:
- How do I form an RIA while being employed at a BD?
- How much time should an RIA’s CCO expect to allocate to compliance tasks?
- What are the fixed expenses for an RIA?
- Can I run my RIA from a home office?
If you’re considering a leap into the RIA space, your first task is to find good support. AdvisorLaw brings peace of mind to brokers seeking to end their FINRA membership by providing guidance through the transition, registration, and ongoing compliance processes.
Gain independence and control of your brand by joining the ranks of thousands of advisors who are trading in their FINRA licensure to escape overzealous regulation.
Contact us today for a complimentary consultation.
- 2024 SEC Examination Priorities: What Registered Investment Advisors Need To Know - November 2, 2023
- Navigating The Transition From Broker-Dealer To RIA: Podcast With Model FA - October 24, 2023
- Summary of NASAA’s 2023 Investment Adviser Coordinated Exams & Recommendations - October 19, 2023