At AdvisorLaw, we do our best to keep our clients informed of regulatory changes. Launching our continuing education (CE) offerings is an example of our commitment to helping you stay compliant.
In November 2020, the North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA) reported that its members had decided to adopt a model rule that would establish guidelines for NASAA members to use when implementing CE programs for investment adviser representatives (IARs) in their respective regions.
Now every IAR registered in jurisdictions that adopt the model rule will be subject to its CE requirements. The program applies to all registered IARs of both state-registered and federally-covered investment advisers in that jurisdiction.
- SEC’s Enforcement: RIAs Under Scrutiny For Marketing Rule Compliance
- Illinois Advisor Wins Expungement Of 2016 Termination Disclosure
- Rising Tide: The Urgent Call For Advisor Succession Planning
- Arizona Advisor Achieves Expungement Of 2011 Customer Dispute
- Why RIAs Should Consider Outsourced Chief Compliance Officers
To maintain their IAR registrations, IARs will need to attain 12 CE credits, each year. A “credit” is a unit that has been designated by NASAA to be at least 50 minutes of educational instruction. The 12 credits must include 6 credit hours that address products and practices and 6 credit hours that address ethics and professional responsibility.
AdvisorLaw’s IAR CE
AdvisorLaw currently has 3, 2-credit-hour programs in development that will help satisfy the 6 IAR CE credits required for ethics and professional responsibility.
Our Education Partner
We are pleased to announce that AdvisorLaw has partnered with Financial Experts Network to help you and your IARs meet their CE requirements.
Financial Experts Network also has 5 self-study courses approved for IAR CE credits in the products and practices category. The courses cover Medicare, Social Security, the essentials of estate planning, revocable trusts, and annuities.
Financial Experts Network expects to have its courses available on its platform by no later than mid-November 2022.
AdvisorLaw CE programs will also be available on Financial Experts Network’s platform in the near future. Our goal is to help our clients and their IAR reps meet their CE requirements.
To learn more, visit the Financial Experts Network site. As always, AdvisorLaw’s team of compliance specialists is available, should you have any questions.
Subscribe to our newsletter below, or contact us today for a complimentary consultation!
- SEC’s Enforcement: RIAs Under Scrutiny For Marketing Rule Compliance - September 28, 2023
- Why RIAs Should Consider Outsourced Chief Compliance Officers - September 14, 2023
- Maximize Your RIA’s Savings With An Outsourced Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) - August 24, 2023