This year’s SEC examination priorities focused primarily on Standards of Conduct and whether advisers are acting consistently with their fiduciary duty to clients — exploring duties of care and loyalty, including best-execution obligations. Another area of focus is the recommendation or holding of more expensive classes of investment products when lower-cost classes are available.
How does your RIA monitor for best-execution obligations and consistently act within your fiduciary duty to clients?
Introducing AdvisorLaw’s Nexus Compliance Platform
Our new comprehensive compliance package allows for constant monitoring of trades and holdings to help RIAs meet all of their regulatory obligations. For this month only, RIAs that sign up for our ongoing compliance services will have access to our Nexus Compliance platform, free of charge — a $500.00 value!
Our Nexus package is comprehensive and offers the following complimentary services to RIAs:
- annual ADV reporting AUM (reporting function, pulls custodial numbers)
- 13f reporting
- trade reviews of 40+ potential concerns, including best execution
- registrations and licensing
- annual renewals (IARD)
- audit-ready archiving and reporting
- forms library and archives
- books and records retention (SEC 17a-3 17a-4 compatibility)
- account-level reviews (account performance vs. investment objective)
- management of OBAs, archiving of approvals (workflow)
- IAR outside brokerage accounts (held away/data feeds)
- marketing reviews (workflow)
- annual certifications (policies and procedures manual, COE, etc.)
- custody reviews
- billing system
- If you use fee billing, you will be able to automatically create a 1099 for each IAR at tax time.
- email archiving
- trading portal
With top-tier technology AND the oversight of our compliance attorneys, AdvisorLaw can help you and your RIA meet obligations and prepare for audit.
If you’re interested in taking advantage of this special opportunity, reach out to AdvisorLaw today.